Charitable Lindy Hop Workshop in St. Catharines for #FrankieMonth
I’m pleased to announce that my old dance partner, Kevin Miller, will be coming in from Toronto to join me for this special workshop!
In celebration of Frankie Month, in honour of the great Frankie Manning and as part of celebrations and events taking place around the world, we will be holding special workshops:
Saturday, May 26th, 2018
- 1pm to 2:30pm – Workshop 1 – It Don’t Mean a Thing if it Ain’t Got that Swing
- Students should be familiar with 8-count Lindy Hop patterns including the Swing Out
- 2:30pm to 2:45pm – Break
- 2:45pm to 4:15pm – Workshop 2 – Secrets of Social Dancing
- The workshops will progress so you must have prior permission to attend only the second workshop**
- In addition to familiarity with the Swing Out and other 8-count patterns, students should have experience social dancing and feel comfortable dancing at a variety of tempos
- 4:15pm to 5pm – Questions & Practice
Beacon School, 300 Scott St, St. Catharines, ON L2N 1J3
Mandi Gould & Kevin Miller – Mandi Gould is the Canadian board member for the Frankie Manning Foundation and will be teaching with the extremely talented Kevin Miller for this workshop.
Pay What You Can (suggested donation of $40 for both workshops)
- All proceeds will be donated to the Frankie Manning Foundation.
- You can pay cash at the door or make a donation directly here (Please earmark your donations “St. Catharines Workshop”)
Pre-registration required. Please fill in your information below.